The world is your oyster in the Big Apple take a bite of it. NYC is one of the most exciting cities in the world for shopping.
It is a good idea to take very little luggage, mix and match your wardrobe, throw in a pair of evening heels and one elegant look just in case, the rest you can buy. Very important is the little black book for notes. I find when I am walking and on a mission, notes are very handy later on.
When I am in NYC I look, feel, live and breathe the excitement of the city and for me the best way to take it all in is to walk, the exercise is great and you can pop in and out of so many shops. Here are some of my little haunts in the city. But first, when time is tight the subway is your best option. Get a metro card which is good for the bus and the subway at a whopping $20.00’s which will take you everywhere fast.
I hit the treadmill sidewalk and headed straight for:
- Victoria’s Secret: 115 5th Avenue (212) 477-4118 my best buy is now my little secret and very sexy.
- Uniqlo Soho: 546 Broadway (212) 237-8800 by far one of the best buys in the city, everything you need for everyday.
- Zara:750 Lexington Ave (212)754-1120 another goodie and one of my all time favorites from when I lived in Europe.
- Hollister: 600 Broadway (212)966-3542 trendy and now an institute, the shop is fantastic! So are the sexy guys that greet you at the door, it’s the city hub.
- Rag & Bone: 104 Christopher Street (212)727-2990 have the best jeans, their cut the fit and the fabric.
- Arche: 128 West 57th Street NYC (212) 262-5488 for very comfortable shoes
- H&M: 640 5th Avenue NYC (212) 489-0390 for basic stuff
- Greenwich Village, I found beautiful candles, perfumes for the home and more, Aedes de Venutas: 9 Christopher Street NYC (212) 206-8674
- TL & CO the best bookstore on the block (niche) 154 West 10th Street (Greenwich Village) NYC 212-741-2069
- A cute vintage store called Geminola and for hand blown glass, Glassybaby: 555 Hudson Street NYC 917-546-6850
- My best buy was the Sony Bloggie. A small video /camera for only $129.00
- Of course on 5th Avenue the Apple store is incredible, The Big 5 – Hermes, Prada, Jimmy Choo, Valentino, Ralph Lauren
- The choice is endless, the satisfaction total!